Dandelions, like some other perennial weeds, such as sweet violet, are pretty when they’re growing where you want them to. This isn’t the case when they’ve taken root in the middle of your lawn.
What do we know about the dandelion?
- The dandelion is photosensitive; its flower opens in the morning and closes at night.
- Dandelions have the longest flowering season of any plant.
- Dandelion is used as an ingredient in some wines and root beer.
- The entire dandelion is edible. They are high in Vitamins A, C and K, Calcium and Iron.
- On a breezy day, dandelion seeds can be transported miles from where they originated.
- The dandelion does not need to be pollinated to form seeds.
- Dandelions are known for their herbal remedies.
- The dandelion’s bright yellow color is used for making dye.
- A good dandelion tea is used for its calming effects.
- The dandelion can reach a height of up to 17 inches.
- We can get rid of them for you with our weed control program.
Protecting your Plants, Valuable. Protecting your Family, Priceless!
For information on Weed Control, Lawn Fertilization, or any of our other services, please visit our website –http://www.deertickguard.com/