Fleas are a nuisance…….they bite, they cause itching, and they carry disease. Once they find their way onto your pets and into your home, they can be difficult to get rid of. Did you know that you can have your property sprayed to reduce the population of fleas before they have a chance to come into contact with you and your pets?
Some interesting facts about fleas:
- Fleas have 4 stages of life: Egg, Larva, Pupa, and Adult. It’s in the Adult stage that they will bite.
- A female flea can lay 2000 eggs in her lifetime, but can not lay any eggs until after she has had her first blood meal.
- A flea must consume its first meal within 7 days of hatching or it will die.
- The average lifespan of a flea is from just a few days to a few months.
- The female flea consumes 15 times her body weight in blood each day.
- There are more than 2000 known species of fleas. In the United States it is the Cat Flea that most affects dogs and cats.
- Fleas are insects that jump onto their hosts (up to 4 feet!). They do not have wings, so they can not fly.
- Flea eggs are laid directly onto a host. It’s when the eggs fall off of the host that the infestation is spread to other areas, such as the inside of your home.
- For every flea that you see, there are hundreds that you don’t see, meaning that if you’re seeing fleas, then you have an infestation already.
- Fleas are very small, only 1/12″ – 1/16″ long, making them incredibly difficult to see on your pets.
- Fleas cause diseases, such as Flea Bite Anemia & Tape Worms.
Protecting your Plants, Valuable. Protecting your Family, Priceless!
Tick control programs can be adjusted to include flea control. Call us today to get your property on our schedule.
For more information on Flea & Tick control or any of our other services, please visit our website: http://www.deertickguard.com/